Rock County Line to USH 12
IH 43 Rock Freeway
I-43, Rock Freeway, is a four lane interstate connecting south-central Wisconsin to southeastern Wisconsin, specifically the Milwaukee Metropolitan area. This project spans from the Village of Darien in the south to the City of Elkhorn in the north. It will rehabilitate IH-43 from the Rock County Line to USH 12 in Walworth County. Lakeside is leading the design of a 6.3 mile rehabilitation from the Rock County Line to County X. The following improvements are proposed to address key deficiencies and to improve safety along the corridor:
- Diamond grinding
- Reconstruction of the shoulders.
- Development of a detour plan and a Type 3 TMP.
- Development of a crash analysis.
- Storm water analysis.
- Development of plan and profile sheets, cross sections, pavement marking plan, traffic control plans, and construction detail plan.
- Assistance with public outreach.