WIS 60 to North Ozaukee County Line
I-43 is a four lane interstate connecting the northeast region of Wisconsin to its southeast region. This project spans from the Town of Grafton at the southern limits to the Village of Belgium at the northern limits. It will rehabilitate 10 of the existing bridges located along the IH 43 corridor, from STH 60 extending north to the Ozaukee County line. This project works over I-43 on the bridges at Arrowhead Rd, CTH V, STH 32, Ulao Pkwy, Sauk Rd, CTH P, Sandy Beach Rd, Cedar Beach Rd, CTH D and Silver Beach Rd. Lakeside is leading the design. The following improvements are proposed to address key deficiencies and to improve safety along the corridor:
- Concrete, Epoxy, or Polymer Asphalt Overlay.
- Deck Replacement.
- Bridge Painting.
- Approach Overlay.
- Re-Seal Slopes.
- Bearing Replacement.
- Beam Guard improvements.
- Development of a detour plan and a Type 2 TMP.
- Development of a crash analysis.
- Development of an environmental report.
- Public Outreach
- Development of plan and profile sheets, cross sections, pavement marking plan, storm sewer plan, FTMS plans, traffic control plans, and construction detail plan.