Lakeside Engineers is providing 14 operator trainings for Iowa DOT and consultants between the months of August 2014, and July 2015.
Participants are trained to:
- Effectively navigate a DOT control room
- Provide 24-hour services
- Understand and manage control room functions
- Communicate responsibly with the public and DOT personnel
- Manage multiple simultaneous large-scale traffic incident events
- Post and manage emergency events and notifications for many scenarios, including: amber alerts, highway HazMat spills, earthquakes, and more.
Understand social media coverage instructions